- Office Appointments available Mon – Fri between 9:30am and 4:30pm.
- Appointment hours may vary due to emergencies and hospital scheduling.
- Telephones are answered Mon-Fri between 9:30am-4:00pm (closed from 12:30-1:30)
- By Appointment only.
- Bring all prescription medications to each and every appointment. (Prescription renewals are preferably made during follow-up appointments or telephone perscriptions at a $10.00 fee.)
- Bring Ontario Health Card.
- Please check in with the receptionist and present Ontario Health Card and address and telephone changes
- Please remove outer foot wear (slippers available)
- Wear appropriate clothing.(loose sleeves, accessible, etc)
- Please give us 24 hours notice of an appointment cancellation.
- Urgent problems seen same day family md or available md
AFTER HOURS AND HOLIDAY COVERAGE:
- Telephone Health Advisory Service after hours Nurse 5pm-9am 1-866-797-0000
- Emergency Department Winchester District Memorial Hospital
- Please do not abuse the Emergency Department, urgent problems may be seen the same day in the office.
- Family Medicine
- In-Patient Care At WDMH
- Nursing home care at Dundas Manor
- Dr.Steele – Teaching of Medical Residents and No Scalpel Vasectomies
SERVICES NOT COVERED BY OHIP, PAYABLE AT APPOINTMENT:
- Prescription renewals for Massage, Physio Psychotherapy $ 20.00
- Prescription for orthotics $ 20.00
- Driver’s Medical $ 125.00
- Disability Tax forms $ 44.95
- Work, sick notes $ 20.00
- Patient chart copies – 1st 20 pages $ 30.00
- Patient chart copies – beyond 1st 20 pages $ 0.25
- **(postage/handling rates will vary)
- Ear Piercing $ 20.00
- Travel consultation -single $ 60.00
- Travel consultation – family $ 80.00
*WE OFFER BLOCK FEE COVERAGE FOR UNINSURED SERVICES*
**Some of our physicians must also charge HST for their services.
POLICY ON TEACHING RESIDENTS
- Family medicine residents are supervised directly and with “chart reviews”
- Patients are selected randomly to be seen by the resident
- Patients are expected to see the resident but are free to ask to see their regular MD as well if desired
- Please submit any complaints regarding your office encounter in writing or directly to your family MD so they may be dealt with constructively.
- Suggestion boxes are available in the office, and you can send us suggestions via email from our Contact page.
- Nation River Health Clinic welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities.
- Accommodations are available upon request for all candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.