Enclosed are instructions and literature describing the No Scalpel vasectomy. Please read these carefully and complete the consent form prior to the procedure. All costs of the procedure are currently covered by O.H.I.P. If appointments cannot be kept, please cancel at least 24 hours in advance. For any questions or difficulty with the procedure call (613)-774-0915 (main office) or Dr. Steele’s cell (613)-724-1619.
PLEASE BRING YOUR OHIP HEALTH CARD TO YOUR APPOINTMENT(s)
- You should trim the scrotum and surrounding area closely a week before the procedure.
- Prior to the operation, purchase from your local pharmacy a bottle of chlorhexidine wash. On day of operation have a shower and wash thoroughly the area between knees and naval with
- Please bring someone to drive you home.
- You will be in the office for 45-60 minutes and you should plan to return home immediately after leaving the office.
- In most cases, acetaminophen or ibuprofen are adequate pain relievers so have these on hand. Do no take aspirin or ASA products for the week before the vasectomy.
- Also, have bags of frozen peas ready to make up ice packs to put on as soon as you lie down (this procedure is an extra precautionary measure to reduce the likelihood of swelling).